Under the research focus areas Healthy Ageing and Technology for Tomorrow – Expressions of Interest were sought from UQ research teams and groups to support the development of a collective ‘UQ Genomics Research Analytical Hub’ that is focused on Complex Trait Genomics. The Hub would operate as a UQ-wide program, with the aim of setting up a strategic pipeline to deliver internationally competitive genomics services to support UQ researchers and the wider scientific community. UQ Genomics is pleased to announce that the proposal submitted by Professors Peter Visscher,Mark Blows, David Evans, Ben Hayes, Naomi Wray, Associate Professor Jian Yang, and Drs Grant Montgomery,Joseph Powell has been selected to progress this challenge. Their proposal is as described below.
UQ Centre of Complex Trait Genomics
This project aims to:
1) To establish virtual UQ Centre of Complex Trait Genomics that links UQ researchers both in Healthy Ageing (QBI, UQDI, IMB), but also in livestock and crops (QAAFI) and model species (SBS).
2) Technology transfer (TT) of Complex Trait Genomic methods.
a. TT of methods and software tools across disciplines within UQ:
- Seminars, workshops, annual symposium to facilitate the integration of UQ expertise.
b. TT of methods and data to clinicians and relevant organisations within UQ and Australia
- Workshops for clinicians and organisations aspiring to implement genomic technologies
c. TT and training of students and post-doctoral researchers
- A mechanism to identify post-doctoral researchers to target for future appointments.
For more information about the project and collaborative opportunities, please contact Prof. Peter Visscher, email@example.com.